InXpress Midwest

Call For A Free Quote

Serving All 50 States

Is A License Needed To Export

Whether you need an export license or not, it will be determined by the nature of the goods being exported, the destination concerned and the ultimate end-use of the goods.

  • You may classify the item using the Commerce Control List (CCL) or write to the Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) for a commodity classification ruling
  • If a particular item is classifiable on the CCL, it likely will require a license for export, or re-export only to certain designated countries
  • Items not specified on the CCL may generally be shipped without a license unless they are destined to an embargoed country, to an end-user of concern, or for restricted end-use
  • If your item requires a license to be exported, you must apply to BIS for an export license. If your application is approved, you will receive a license number and expiration date to use on your export documents
  • If your commodities are controlled by another agency such as OFAC or DDTC, then a similar licensing process maybe required prior to export unless an export license exemption applies to your shipment

InXpress Midwest is positioned to assist with your shipping needs. Please contact Ron Argo / 636-812-2415 / email.

Located within: Blog.

Free Express Intl Shipping Quote

*We specialize in shipping services for businesses.

©2021 InXpress