InXpress Midwest

Call For A Free Quote

Serving All 50 States

Common Documentation When Exporting

We often receive questions surrounding common documentation required when exporting from the US. The following shipping documents are commonly used in exporting, but specific requirements vary by destination and product.

  • Shippers Electronic Export Information (EEI). Filing with EEI creates your ITN# which is required for goods valued over $2500usd.
  • Commercial Invoice: A bill for the goods from the seller to the buyer used to determine the true value of goods when assessing customs duties
  • Certificate of Origin: Only required by some countries. In many cases, a statement of origin printed on company letterhead will suffice. Special certificates are needed for trade agreement countries, i.e. Mexico, Canada and Israel
  • ATA Carnet: Merchandise Passport is a document that facilitates the temporary importation of products into foreign countries by eliminating tariffs and value-added taxes (VAT)
  • Insurance Certificate: To assure the consignee insurance will cover the loss or damage of the cargo during transit
  • Export Packing List: Considerably more detailed and informative than a standard domestic packing list
  • Waybill: All air shipments are handled by waybills. We refer to them as Air Waybills (AWB)
  • Any applicable export licenses: certain commodities that have dual use (military and civilian) or if they are military use items, an export license is required

InXpress Midwest is positioned to assist with your shipping needs. Please contact Ron Argo / 636-812-2415 / email.

Located within: Blog.

Free Express Intl Shipping Quote

*We specialize in shipping services for businesses.

©2022 InXpress